Laursen, John Christian, 'Irony and Toleration: Lessons from the Travels of Mendes Pinto', Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy, Vol 6 No 2 (2003), pp. 21-40.
Mendes Pinto went throughout Asia, 1537-58; his book from 1614. The essayh explored the theoretical implications of this complex text which can be read at face value, as Said-type Orientalism, but is also infused with irony and satire.
- Search for this item at google.com
- Search for this item at goodreads.com
- Search for this item at COPAC: the merged online catalogues of 24 major university research libraries in the UK and Ireland plus the British Library, the National Library of Scotland, and the National Library of Wales/Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru.
- Search for this item at WorldCat: the world's largest network
of library content and services
- Search for this item at isbndb.com
filed under: studies of single traveller or author
in Travel Writing (journal)
for Travel Writing Studies (Nottingham Trent University)